This is an interesting post about retirement financial pitfalls, with some good advice.
The 6 pitfalls that Inge discusses are:
- Retirement is not an “abnormal” event
- Unfortunately, some people are compelled to retire before the “official retirement age”
- The impact of inflation is underestimated
- The value of the family home is included in retirement income calculations
- Children’s lifestyle should be determined by their earning potential, not their “inheritance”
- Inappropriate investment advice, excessive fees and underperformance